1. Extent : Sejauh
2. Inadequate : Tidak Memadai
3. Devoted : Setia
4. Distinct : Berbeda
5. Plow : Bajak
6. Plough : Bajak
7. Jail : Penjara
8. Gaol : Penjara
9. Synonymous : Sinonim
10. Compendious : Ringkas
11.Grammatical : Gramatikal
12. Recognized : Diakui
13. Othority : Otoritas
14. Distinct : Berbeda
15. Theatre : Teater
16. Improvements : Perbaikan
17. Included : Termasuk
18. Served : Disajikan
19. Ironically :Ironis
20. Develop : Mengembangkan\
The ideas of each paragraph is :
Paragraph 1 : Noah Webster brief history with the publication of the first book that
Paragraph 2 : Noah Webster wrote the goal american dictionary
Paragraph 3 : Success as a writer american noah webster dictionary
Answer the questions:
1. Which of the following would the best title for the passage?
A. Webster’s Work
2. The word inadequate in paragraph 1 could best be replaced by ?
3. Why did Webster write A Grammatical Institutes of the English Language?
C. He felt that British books were not appropriate for American children.
4. From which publication did Webster earn a lifetime income?
D. The American Spelling Book
5. The word considerable in paragraph 1 most nearly means ?
6. When was An American Dictionary of the English Language published ?
7. The word it in the paragraph 2 refers to ?
8. The word distinct in paragraph 2 is closest in meaning to ?
9. According to this passage, which one of the following spellings would Webster have approved in his dictionaries?
A summary of the passage:
Noah webster dictionary american is a successful writer and author who first get ameraka copyright to its American Speller.